Me: "haha, I can't jump, so you probably won't too, so I got you now!"
Golden figure: "sorry bro, my planet needs me" *float*
Overall, another artsy game with a meaning so deep that my sense of abstraction drowned in it.
Lovin' the minimalism. Minus points for the flying bug - apparently the athlete possesses the magical ability of double jump... or triple... quadr... ugh. By tapping the mouse button you can fly over all the hurdles.
Kudos for fun minigame, but how about whole Olympics in small scale? ;)
+ excellent graphic design and animations
+ good, fitting music
+ clever upgrade system
+ for a general idea
- double jump is a little buggy, not always works if you jump just after you landed
What I'd change: I would add a tiny invisible ledge at the beginning of each platform or make the guy run a little faster, since after ~30 plays the only cause of my death was hitting the wall after a failed double jump.
Ideas for sequel: add changing the lead color along with the monsters and background after the player reaches certain distance. Also, since you already use the multiple plays mechanic, why not a classic shop/upgrade at the death screen?
Overall, a good game, deserves all the 4.5 star it gets from me ;)
Upgrades will be added in the sequel ;-)
Haha, I reached the ending by going the opposite direction at the beginning ^_^
+ amazing concept, we are begging for more
+ flawless code... well, almost :D
+ this game being for ludum dare compared to the outcome
+ it's loud! And it has music! That's still uncommon for ludum dare projects
- some of the "walls" are a little to hard to fight
We want more! :D
- oversensitive controls (a simple speed-up-slow-down would improve the gameplay dramatically)
- kinda... quiet ;)
- the refresh of damage on the spikes is a little too fast
+ it's a ludum dare. You deserve kudos just for making this in a so short timespan ;)
- Could use an upgrade system, that would solve most of the problems ;)
- The background music loop is too short and awfully clipped, do something about it
- Steering is too slow, I can't avoid some clouds no matter how hard I try
- Currently near impossible to finish
+The graphics are good
+The code seems robust
Work on that, add a little storyline and sprinkle with good music. Positive reception guaranteed ;)
What you did wrong:
- annoying, repetitive and awfully looped sound in preloader
- the game is a little too linear, both in level design and upgrades
- the overall idea is interesting, although the plot development is... ugh...
- some of the graphics suffer from white edges (not sure if that was intended :/)
- in my opinion the car-like steering instead of directional wasd does not go well with isometric games
- also, it gets a little repetitive after a while :(
What you did right:
- the level of detail is incredible, the graphics are marvelous
- it runs smooth, looks like your code works as intended
- little to no bugs
- clever payment system
- execution of theme
Overall impression: Damn good game! The sequel will be a blockbuster ;)
I appreciate your review! Unfortunately annoying sound in sponsor's preloader can't be changed since that is how sponsor wants it to be despite the fact that I also pointed it out :)
Sorry guys, but I have to say it - you screwed killing unused objects big time. After 10~15 "days" the game lags too much to be playable.
Otherwise, as others stated - good graphics, fitting sounds, minor bugs. As for the storyline - it looks like it was created to justify the title.
A dejavu cheese is dejavu
It actually stole 5 of your precious points. I'm sorry, but nothing spoils the fun more than reheating an old pancake. Or something. You get the point. It's the s-a-m-e game, but WITH MINERALS.
"Save the Moon" was a fine game, considering the time it took. But the changes made by you, apart from the graphic side, are minimal. It could have been a lot complex, with weapons, aliens, powerups, upgrades and all the sh*t you see in space-themed games, but you decided to leave it as it was.
I am disappointed. You get a rating of four, because I like your games and I don't want you to starve to death or something (I know it's hard to be a flash game developer).
But next time serve your pancakes fresh, please. ;)
Go practice with bananas :D
That *splort* sound made my day :D
Although, in my opinion, the other Kong should have a little bigger hitbox, because I can't even finish the tutorial without turning the damsel into a fine mist.
Kudos for the concept :)
Really? A little bigger hitbox? XD I swear it is very big, you just need a bit of practice :-) Thank you very much for your review, it made me laugh :D
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.